Happy one year Blogiversary to us! We’ve been officially bringing you delicious food for ONE FULL YEAR! And what a year it was! In fact I’m not sure any other year has ever gone so fast! Our little blog duo has officially seen a new baby born (congrats Holly), a preschooler whose world was rocked by a new baby sister, a child who started kindergarten, and a teenager who has hit her stride. Holly and I are both another year older and wiser in our full time careers and yes, we’re both still married (Holly 10 years and myself 18 years) despite crazy chaotic schedules and demands (yay, guys-thanks for hanging in there with us!). But even more exciting, we’re both still loving blogging and bringing you our favorite recipes! For me, this would include this Buffalo Bacon Macaroni and Cheese which is pure, unadulterated decadence! …
For me food is memory. Some foods trigger fond memories and this Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of them. We have pretty crazy day jobs and we are required to take yearly exams to remain up to date. So, as all good friends do, we always have a little party right after we are finished. After all, if you have to take a tough exam, at least you should get to have fun afterward, right? Our Chilean friend brings the empanadas, our friend from Surly Brewing brings the beer, and one of our other friends brings this fabulous Buffalo Chicken Dip. It has now become a standard that I look forward to year after year. In fact, it is my treat for a job well done!
I can not lie, this is not the most healthy recipe I make. For those who don’t care, I always serve it with bread which is a great way to soak up all of the goodness. Fritos Scoops are also a pretty fabulous way to eat this dip. For those of who are little more conscious about their calories, celery makes a great vehicle to get this dip into your mouth.
I was unable to make it to the exam party this year, so I don’t know if the Buffalo Chicken Dip was there or not. But I missed the dip so much, I served it for my family’s Christmas Day appetizer party. It was a huge hit and I have a feeling that this dip is now going to be a regular on my family’s table as well. More fond memories in the making!
I’ve starting sharing this fabulous (and so easy) dip recipe, and it would be a great addition to anyone’s New Year’s Eve party menu. After all, who doesn’t want to start the year with fond memories? Plus, every once in a while you just need a treat. A comforting, spicy, creamy, treat. And this is it.
- Rotisserie Chicken (I usually use just the white meat, but you could certainly use both the white and dark meat), chopped into small pieces
- 12 oz Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce (I usually use Frank's)
- 2 8 ounce packages of Neufchatel Cheese (you could also use Cream Cheese)
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Baguette, sliced, for serving
- Fritos Scoops, for serving
- Celery Sticks, for serving
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix chicken, dressing, buffalo sauce, Neufchatel cheese and blue cheese crumbles in a large bowl.
- Place the mixture in a 2 quart casserole dish or a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with bread and celery sticks