I was originally going to bring you an ooey-gooey dessert this week. And don’t worry, I will still bring you that particular deliciousness (after all it’s good to have something to look forward to, or so my parents always told me!) -but you’re going to have to wait until next week. Instead I have a more savory treat for you. Luckily for me (and now you), I had the most amazing gift brought to me this week. My fabulous neighbor, Heather, brought me a windfall of vegetables from her inlaws’ cabin garden (find them at TheCabinGarden.com). These jalapeños are just begging to be made into these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers! (and if you have any good eggplant recipes, leave them in the comments below-please and thank you.)
The gift of vegetables, and was is a fantastic gift, contained a LOT of jalapeños! And what better to make than jalapeños filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon? I sure can’t think of anything!
Although I do plan on trying a recipe for some homemade hot sauce made in the Instant Pot from the rest of the jalapeños. I’ll let you know.
These are quick, simple, require very few ingredients and are perfect for the game, that cocktail party you’re going to host, or in my world, lunch. That’s right, folks, my husband and I ate these for lunch. Only these.
And we were pretty darn happy about it.
- 24 jalapeños, cored and seeded
- 1 pound bacon (thinner bacon works better here)
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese and shredded cheddar with a fork.
- Stuff each jalapeño with the cheese mixture.
- Take a long slice of bacon, wrap the jalapeño from one end and secure with a toothpick.
- Use a kitchen shears to cut off the remaining bacon. (save to use for another jalapeño).
- Repeat with the next jalapeño, until all jalapeños are bacon-wrapped.
- Place the bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed jalapeños onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is cooked to desired crispness.
- Don't worry about the cheese that oozes out, as soon as they have cooled for 5 minutes, the cheese comes off easily and is easy to replace into the jalapeño!
- Serve and enjoy!
Looks like I still have a fair amount of jalapeños left, even after a few batches of these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers. Wouldn’t you be so kind as to leave your ideas for how to use the rest of the jalapeños below? Thanks in advance!