It feels like we’ve been waiting SO long to bring you this amazing recipe. This is the final installment of A Moveable Feast and we may have saved the best for last. Balsamic Peach and Basil Sorbet is the perfect way to cool down during these hot August days. Smooth, creamy, flavorful and healthy, this is the perfect ending to any meal. Or mid-day-cool-down-treat. Or post-work-out-snack. Surely you will find so many uses for this sorbet, you will wonder where it’s been all of your life. And even better, this Balsamic Peach and Basil Sorbet is brought to you in partnership with Queen Creek Olive Mill!
As we’ve said before (and we’ll say it again), we are obligated to let you know we are being compensated for this post, but trust me, both Holly and I were using Queen Creek Olive Mill’s products loooonnnng before our partnership so don’t worry, all of these views are completely are own! (In fact head over to our Insta feed where tomorrow I’ll show you a peak of how many of their products that I’ve bought for myself and use everyday!)
But enough of that legal mumbo jumbo-let’s talk SORBET!! This Balsamic Peach and Basil Sorbet was developed for our Moveable Feast dinner party as we felt we needed a palate cleanser, yet we wanted something that everyone would want more of! Something my kids would love. Something my husband would ask me to make again. And something just a little bit different.
So here, here for all of those ripe, juicy, end of the summer peaches that are just begging for a recipe! Dust off your ice cream maker (or if you need one, this is the one I use and love!), gather your supplies and head to the kitchen to make your own batch of this flavorful treat!
Since we know you’re going to want to save this one, below is the perfect pin for your favorite Pinterest Board!
Stay tuned for our Friday edition of Good Food Reads where we will give you the whole Moveable Feast Menu in one place. Complete with recipe links. Gather your friends, pick a date, and plan a dinner party of your own!
- 3 pounds peaches (you can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Peach White Balsamic Reduction from Queen Creek Olive Mill
- 1 Tablespoon Basil Olive Oil from Queen Creek Olive Mill
- Chopped Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Slice and pit peaches and place into the bowl of a large food processor.
- Add lime juice, sugar and salt.
- Puree in the food processor until smooth.
- Place peach puree through a mesh strainer to remove the skins of the peaches (you can skip this step if you used frozen peaches without skins).
- Place into a freezer safe container, press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the sorbet and chill for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add the cold peach puree to the bowl of your ice cream maker.
- Add the Peach White Balsamic Reduction and the Basil Olive Oil and churn the sorbet according to manufacturer instructions (for my ice cream maker it is approximately 25-30 minutes to get the desired consistency).
- Chill for an additional 3 hours in the freezer until firm.
- Garnish with chopped basil, a drizzle of Peach White Balsamic Reduction, or just serve as is!
Adapted from a recipe by Max Falkowitz of Serious Eats.