It’s fall school break here in Minnesota and while Lane is off on a Chicago adventure (check out our InstaStories for fun highlights of her trip!), I’m soaking up a few days of fun, local fall adventures with my kids. Fall is always such a fun time – trips to apple orchards, cozy evenings by bonfires with friends, and lots of comfort food cooking. This week I’m sharing some things I’m loving this fall in our Friday Five: All The Fall Break Things.
01. New Cookbooks. There are SO many big cookbooks coming out this month. My cookbook budget is definitely going to be busted with all of these new releases. I got a peek at this one today and can’t wait for this one and this one, both coming soon. Cookbooks are definitely one of my favorite things this fall break.
02. All the Cozy Sweaters. It’s been a cold, wet fall here in Minneapolis and I’m all in on the sweaters already. Target is absolutely killing it in the sweater game right now. I’m loving this Madewell dupe (only $28!), which is super soft and perfect for layering. I also picked up this beauty to pair with some skirts for fall.
03. Fall Candles. In the fall and winter, it’s so comforting to light a yummy candle in the kitchen as I clean up from dinner. It helps to make my space feel fresh and cozy. Like many, I’m a big fan of the classic Leaves, but my amazing sister-in-law recently introduced me to Koselig candles and I am officially OBSESSED. I first noticed one of their candles at her home a few weeks ago. The minimalist design of the candles is so pretty and as a Norwegian nerd, I loved the name. (Koselig loosely translates to “cozy.”) Then I smelled the candle – and I was hooked. She showed up at my house a week later with one of the candles and I can’t stop burning it. Go get one, immediately. (FYI: I have burch + black pepper and it’s amazing)
04. Movies. Oh, you guys, I took my oldest to see Abominable today and it was just so sweet. I may or may not have cried a little when Coldplay’s Fix You (only the best song ever) came on. Being a mom of littles, I don’t get to movies much these days – thank goodness for Netflix – and I had forgotten how moving seeing something on the big screen (with no distractions!) can be. We are already plotting our return to the theater.
05. Stuff I Can’t Wait To Make. A few random things from around the web that I can’t wait to cook up in my kitchen:
My kids love dirt cups and these Halloween Dirt Cups are so cute.
I’m planning to make a big batch of this Tuscan Chicken Tortellini Soup this weekend. Yum!
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake is also calling my name. Who wants to come over for some?
I’m super curious about this Pumpkin Hummus.
Need some recipe inspiration this weekend? Check out my fall favorites from our archives:
Pumpkin Pecan Scones
Instant Pot Chipotle Black Bean Soup
Pork Chops with Pomegranate White Balsamic Pan Sauce