Hey friends! Checking in with a quick Friday Five before the big holiday weekend begins. I’m just about done with my Christmas shopping (yay!) and plan to spend the next two days wrapping gifts, baking all the holiday treats, and watching endless Christmas movies with my kids. It should be a great lead in to the big day next week. So what am I loving in these busy pre-holiday days? Read on below for my current favorite things!
01. The Great British Baking Show: Holidays. Lane got me into this adorably quirky little show, currently available on Netflix. I caught the Holiday special while on the treadmill the other day and I extended my run just so I could keep watching! I can’t get enough of the gorgeous food and the amazing British accents. It makes me want to bake all the things. Especially this Lemon Cardamom Skillet Monkey Bread pictured above. It’s perfect with a cup of coffee and a great baking show!
02. My Coffee Maker. I’ve been working a ton lately and sleeping, well, not a ton. Thank goodness for my Nespresso Vertuoline. I love that I can have an amazing cup of coffee, latte, or capuccino ready in my kitchen in just a few minutes. I love their hazelnut coffee and have been making almond milk salted caramel lattes with the Torani syrup we used in our Bourbon Salted Caramel Coffee with Whipped Cream.
03. A New Year, A New Reading Challenge. Are any of you on Goodreads? One of my favorite things is the end of year reading summary they send you (I know, total nerd alert over here! Check out mine here, if you’re curious). I love to see how many pages I’ve read, the different kinds of books, and compare it to last year’s totals. I’m thinking about trying the Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge and have some new books on my TBR already! I can’t wait to tackle this one, this one, and this one.
04. Bake Ahead Holiday Treats. I love make ahead recipes this time of year! There’s so much going on during the holidays, so why not make things a little easier where you can? I’m prepping two batches of our White Chocolate Cranberry Scones and a bunch of the Pioneer Woman’s legendary cinnamon rolls. I’ll freeze both unbaked and pop them in the oven on Christmas morning.
05. Hand Lotion. I wash my hands at work a lot, so a good hand lotion is an absolute essential this time of year. When my hands get really rough, I rely on this classic. For everyday, though, I’ve long been a fan of these beautiful, fresh smelling lotions. And bonus! They’re on sale at Anthro right now.
[SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT WITH TWO SPOONS!]