Spring is in the air. And I’m not sure I’ve ever been so grateful for our loyal audience here at With Two Spoons. So many thoughts and plans swirling around as we plan for the future of our little brand. And as always, when thinking about the future I like to invoke a little creativity! So where I am finding inspiration?
Stay tuned, because if I’m finding inspiration…
YOU CAN TOO!
Inspiration. The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative. And creativity seems to be recharging my soul recently. As a science major, working full time in a very regimented job, I am finally learning to embrace and develop my creative side. However, to fuel creativity, inspiration is needed! And inspiration can be found in a million different places. I’m ready to share where I am finding inspiration!
[SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT WITH TWO SPOONS!]
1. Travel. I recently came back from visiting my in-laws in Arizona, and the time away to relax and recharge was wonderful. I was able to spend plenty of time reading, thinking, taking photographs, and spending time with my family. I also get twitchy if I don’t have a plan for another trip, so I’m heading to Manhattan for conference this fall-there is no better inspiring place than the busy bustle of New York City! Since we go to Arizona every year to visit my in-laws, I’m planning a short side trip to the Grand Canyon next year, what could be more inspiring than that? I’m also starting to plan a Mediterranean vacation for my family in 2020. Stay tuned, I’m hoping to see a lot of great places! Can’t afford to travel or no time to travel? No problem. I’ve also found a lot of inspiration from looking at travel sites, travel photos and travel blogs (instagram is great for travel inspiration). No one said dreams needed to be small!
2. Books. From fiction to self help, I’m finding inspiration in others journeys. Here is my latest list of top 5 books! I’m currently reading “Dark Matter” by Blake Crouch. On audiobook I’m listening to “Shortest Way Home” by Pete Buttigieg. Next up on my to-be-read list are “Beautiful Ruins” by Jess Walter, Brene Brown’s Dare to Lead, Jen Sincero’s You are a Badass, and John Green’s “Turtles all the Way Down“. What are you reading now? What’s on your to read shelf that you’re excited about? I’m always looking for new suggestions. #WithTwoSpoonsReads if you want to let us know on social media!
3. Music. I recently went to the James Bay concert here in Minneapolis. I took my daughter and her friend which was so much fun as they love music, especially live music. The venue was a smaller one than we usually see concerts in, and although I thought our seats were going to be mediocre at best, they ended up being fabulous. After singing and dancing all night long, I definitely felt inspired! As my daughter is a musician, I find that we can bond over music and concert tickets are perfect gifts for her. Total win-win. We’re currently in the market for another concert to go to, anyone know of anything great coming to Minneapolis?
4. Podcasts. There are so many that I am currently listening to! I have enjoyed listening to Jenna Kutcher’s podcast, Goal Digger, about building your business and becoming an entrepreneur. I also just finished The Drop Out which chronicles Elizabeth Holmes, her the meteoric rise and subsequent implosion of her company Theranos. Really eye opening stuff! Recently a friend recommended Smartest Person in the Room which highlights a broad range of topics (and I’m really loving learning). For further mindset work I listen to Brooke Castillo’s The Life Coach School. Brooke gives you easy directions on changing the way you look at things, especially things you are unhappy with. So many great podcasts out there. What are you listening to?
5. Nature. This one is kind of a no-brainer, but as the weather warms up I just want to get outside! I feel that as much time as I spend at work or in front of a computer, I have to remind myself of the great outdoors. Nature is calming, relaxing, not to mention a great place to practice photography! While in Arizona, I preferred to be lying by the pool or lounging in my in-laws outside living room. Since I’ve been home, I’ve enjoyed watching my little ride his bike, walking around a local park, and daydreaming about the gardening I’m going to do as soon as the ground is warm enough to plant in. I’ve also been working on an “outdoor” office setup so I can spend more time soaking up the rays-with sunscreen of course!. (Don’t get too excited, this mostly means plugging my computer in outside, and putting the umbrella up on my deck-but a girl has to start somewhere!).
Now I have to ask…where are you finding your inspiration? I’m dying to know! Let me know in the comments below or #WithTwoSpoons on social media. As always we want to hear from you!!
And as we’re spending time next week making future plans, we also want to know what is it that you would like to see here on the blog? What gets you excited? What do you find useful? What are you wondering? Let us know in the comments below!!