Fall. Autumn. Football Season. Whatever you call this gorgeous leaf color changing season, it is here-in all of it’s glory. Last week was 90 degrees here in Minneapolis, and this week is sixty degrees, windy and rainy. Fall has arrived. With fall comes so many of my favorite things! Back to school, comfort food, sweaters…blankets on the side lines of the kids’ soccer games. With back to school, though, comes the busy schedule. And with the busy schedule you need easy weeknight meals-like this One Skillet Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin!
We were also lucky enough to be included in the Fall Festival Blog Tour, so below we are featuring links to a whole week’s worth of fall recipes and fall decor!
This recipe came to be after my husband went out to pick the apples off of our Honeycrisp tree and we realized we had so many apples I would never be able to use all of them. Applesauce, apple pie filling, apple crisp, apples for the kids’ snacks, apples dipped in caramel…so many apples. So I knew our fall recipe needed to feature apples. And what goes better with apples for dinner than pork?
This One Skillet Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin is the perfect thing for those cool fall nights. Simple yet flavorful and best of all, you’ll only dirty one skillet! Win!
I know it sounds too good to be true, but I wouldn’t do that to you!
Serve with some mashed potatoes, or vegetables, or whatever your family prefers.
And don’t worry about that Bourbon, all of that alcohol is long gone, having cooked off in the oven, just leaving behind the delicious flavor. Yum! (Or leave it out, your loss!)
Don’t forget to check out the other great fall recipe and decor ideas below. Each grouping will go live on the day in the header. By Friday you’ll have to access to all of these fabulous fall ideas!
- 1-2 pound pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onions, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, salt, cumin and garlic powder.
- Rub spice mix over the pork tenderloin and set aside.
- In a large oven proof skillet (I use cast iron), heat 2 Tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork tenderloin and sear for approximately 2 minutes per side (approximately 8 minutes total).
- Remove skillet from heat, add apples, onions, and bourbon to the skillet.
- Arrange tenderloin to sit on top of apple mixture.
- Place skillet back on range and cook over medium high heat for additional 2 minutes.
- Place entire skillet into the oven and roast at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Remove from oven and allow pork to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice tenderloin and serve with apple mixture.
Keep Reading-there is SO MUCH goodness below!
Front Porches on Tuesday
Fall Recipes on Wednesday
Tablescapes on Thursday
Mantles on Friday