It’s Friday! Finally. Right?
After a long and busy week, I am so ready for this weekend. Lane and I are heading up to her cabin for a fun filled girls weekend of recipe testing, food photography, and all around fun. It’s going to be a great time! I spent the morning pouring over my pages of recipe notes and ideas and then running to Trader Joes for all the things we are going to need for our weekend cooking extravaganza. My groceries are temporarily tucked away and shortly I’m going to pack up my weekend gear, but before I do, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things from around the web this week. It’s a quick little list, but one I hope you enjoy when you get some time. Grab some of our Lemon Cardamom Monkey Bread (pictured below), a good cup of coffee, and pull up a chair. Here are The 5 Things You Need to Read This Weekend…
01. How To Get Caught Up on Game of Thrones…Fast. If you’re wondering what everyone is talking about at work on Monday mornings, here’s the skinny on how to catch up before the series ends later this month.
02. How To Seem Like You Always Have Your S*&t Together. Because let’s face it, sometimes we all need a little bit of this.
03. The Truth About Dentistry. A super interesting look at the darker side of the dentist’s chair. Great read from this month’s issue of The Atlantic.
04. Let Your Kids Get Dirty. I will confess, I struggle with this one in reality though I love the idea. Something I can work on, for sure.
05. How I Get It Done: Brené Brown. I love to get a glimpse of the lives of people I admire and the habits they have that help them to be successful.
And…because this is a cooking blog, I couldn’t leave you for the weekend without a bit of foodie inspiration. Here are a few recipes I’ve been itching to try:
Strawberry Margarita Pie. Perfect for your Cinco de Mayo weekend!
Sour Cream Rhubarb Pie. Because I clearly have pie on the brain. Anyone want to make this and bring it over?
Finally, I’ve been wanting to make this Indian Fried Rice with Peanuts, Chilies, and Cilantro since I saw it on Alexandra’s Instagram. It looks almost too good to share!
Got any must reads for the weekend? Send us your suggestions and we’ll share them with everyone next week! Happy reading, friends.