Well, this is definitely a little out of the box here on With Two Spoons, but I thought it might be fun to switch things up a little this week and talk about something completely not food related. I’ve never been much of a girly-girl per se, but I have always had a bit of a weakness for great skin and body products. My bathroom closet sometimes resembles a graveyard of unused bottles and tubes (so much stuff to try – and so many failures! Whoops!), but my vanity drawers are usually filled with so good they are used to the last drop favorites. These favorites change from time to time, but I do have stuff I always return to again and again. Friday Five this week is all about my Current Skin Care Favorites.
Taking care of your skin is so important and while I’ve never been particularly hard on my skin, it’s definitely something I didn’t prioritize until I got a little older. I wish I had paid a little more attention when I was really young! Anyhow, my skin has always been a little on the dry and sensitive side so most of these products are things I’ve found to work well with my particular skin combination. None of these products are designated as for “dry skin” specifically, but they all help with adding moisture and reducing dullness. I also try to keep a mix of high-low products so you’ll find that a few are splurges and the other few are easily found at Target and are really inexpensive!
01. Bioderm Sensible H2O Micellar Water. This stuff is GOLD. If you’re not familiar with micellar water, it’s basically the lazy girl’s best friend when it comes to gentle skin cleansing and makeup removal. I first discovered this in Europe while traveling about 10 years ago. Any time I’d cross the pond, I’d pick up a few bottles and haul them back in my suitcase because it wasn’t available stateside. It’s now available online for US shipping from places like DermStore or even Amazon. It’s a gentle, soothing product that I use nightly.
02. Beauty Counter Cleansing Balm. Ok, so this product is most definitely a beauty splurge but before you write it off, know that every jar I’ve had has lasted me close to a year. A little truly goes a very long way. This is a clean, safe cleansing balm that is perfect for dry or sensitive skin. It’s amazing in the winter time and takes off makeup like nobody’s business. A new classic, for sure.
03. Super Goop City Sunscreen Serum. Everybody needs a good, daily sunscreen. I love this light, non greasy sunscreen serum for every day use. It’s my absolute go to in the summer months. It’s not the cheapest out there but it’s really effective and a bottle will easily last me a few months.
04. Pixi Glow Tonic. I first tried this after I got a sample at my local Target store and I was HOOKED. A lot of toners are hard on sensitive skin but this alcohol free toner gently exfoliates the skin and really does help with the glow. It’s been a favorite since that day, so much so that I have it on subscription at Target! It’s really inexpensive and great for all skin types.
05. Bliss Triple Oxygen Facial Another great Target find, this bubbling facial mask was developed to replicate Bliss spa’s famous Triple Oxygen facial. It’s a relatively inexpensive product and it just makes my skin feel so great. I use it 2-3 times each week and love it.
Bonus: My mom gave me a tube of Paula’s Choice Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream. To say I love it would be an absolute understatement. I have been using it almost nightly as an extra dose of moisturizer and it has really helped keep my skin soft and smooth. I’ve been trying to link it here but the Paula’s Choice website is down as I write this so just put it into your favorite search engine and I’m sure you’ll be able to find it!
I absolutely LOVE to get product recommendations from others – it’s so fun to hear what really works for others and give them a try. Send us your favorites by email, DM, or on Instagram or Facebook!
Happy weekend, friends.