It seems only yesterday we were welcoming fall. School was starting, leaves were turning, and the PSL was everywhere again. With Halloween now done, it sometimes feels like we are about to get on the fast track to the holidays. Personally, I’m in no rush. November is Here and I’m all for it. This week’s Friday Five is filled with some fun reads, good recipes, and a few home and style things I’m loving lately. Happy Friday, y’all!
01. Looking for something to do with all of that Halloween candy? Here are 18 Recipes Using Leftover Halloween Candy.
02. Have you seen Jennifer Garner’s Fake Cooking Show on Instagram? It’s my favorite thing on the internet right now. So funny and sweet.
03. A baking controversy for the modern age: Should We Bring Back Shortening? Confession: my favorite cookie recipe uses shortening and I’ve always felt a little weird about it, but the cookies are just so good. Maybe it’s time to reevaluate this old baking staple.
04. My new favorite beauty hack. My job requires that I wash my hands about a million times each day and my hands (and cuticles!) take a beating. In addition to practically owning stock in this lotion, I recently grabbed a few of these handy little brushes and filled them with this oil to apply to my cuticles at night. Natural, inexpensive, and a total game changer.
05. My favorite mama-on-the-go shoes. Have you tried these yet? I got the amazing slip on sneakers for Christmas last year and I’ve been wearing them nonstop ever since. I love that they are washable and made of recycled materials. I’m eyeing the grey camo ones next.
RECIPES I WANT TO TRY ASAP
I’m a sucker for a one pot meal. This one is next on my list:
One Pan Lemon Orzo Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
The perfect dessert for a November Sunday:
Olive Apple Cake with Spiced Sugar
Maple, pumpkin, AND black and white cookies? I’m IN.
Maple Pumpkin Black and White Cookies
RECENT RECIPES FROM WITH TWO SPOONS
Missed anything on the blog lately? Here’s what we’ve been up to…
Make Ahead Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
The Very Best Creamy Sausage Pasta Bake
Instant Pot Sweet Corn Chowder (Vegan, GF)
Pumpkin Pecan Scones
Instant Pot Chipotle Beef Chili
And my current favorite: Apple Walnut Granola
[SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THERE IS NO CHARGE TO YOU. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT WITH TWO SPOONS!]