It should come as no surprise that as a food blogger and mom of two young kids, I know my way around a grocery store. And while Instacart has absolutely revolutionized my life (seriously folks, it’s a game changer), the one store I still regularly go to is Trader Joe’s. With great produce, fun snacks, and a killer frozen foods selection, Trader Joe’s has long been a cult favorite for good reason. If you’re new to TJ’s or just looking for more great stuff to pick up on your next trip, check out our list of the 10 Things To Buy On Your Next Trip To Trader Joe’s!
- Frozen Grains. This may be my absolute favorite kitchen hack from TJ’s. They have microwavable bags of organic jasmine rice, quinoa, and brown rice that make putting together a quick and healthy dinner a total breeze. I typically have three or four boxes in my freezer at any given time!
- Sunflower Seed Butter. Both of my kids attend nut free schools and sunflower seed butter is a total must for my pantry! If you haven’t tried it before, it’s a peanut-butter like spread made from sunflower seeds and safe for allergy sensitive places like schools or daycares. My kids love it. It can be a little pricey though so I like to stock up when I’m at Trader Joe’s because their version is really afforadble and tastes great.
- Chili Lime Seasoning. I love to browse the different seasoning blends at TJs. They always have something fun. Lately, I’ve been obsessed with this chili lime seasoning. It’s great on shrimp, cauliflower rice, or even on grilled fruit. We also used it to make our Chili Lime Margaritas!
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. This stuff is all over the internet – and for good reason. It’s super addictive. I love it on hard boiled eggs and especially on avocado toast (basic, I know).
- Snack Packs of Sun Dried Apricots. My kids LOVE these for snacks and I love that they’re not full of sugar. They come in a three pack for just about $1.50 and are really great for tucking into backpacks or soccer bags.
- CRACKERS! Trader Joe’s has the best selection of crackers. Lately I’ve been loving these 3 Seed Sweet Potato crackers. They are gluten free and super yummy!
- Whole Grain Dijon Mustard. I go through jars of this stuff during the summer grilling months. It’s perfect for marinades, vinaigrettes, and even sandwiches. And the price can’t be beat.
- Seeds & Grains Crispbread. These things are so tasty. They are also gluten free and fantastic topped with cream cheese and berries or avocado and some everything but the bagel seasoning!
- Mandarin Orange Chicken. This is the key to one of the “backup” meals I always keep ready in my freezer in case of emergency (or, you know, when mom is way too tired to cook). Find it in the freezer section. Pair it with some gyoza and veggie fried rice (also from TJ’s) and you’ve got a quick and relatively nutritious meal on the table in under 30 minutes. Pro tip: don’t use all of the sauce in the packets. Start with half and adjust to taste. You’ll thank me later.
- Hylauronic Moisture Boost Serum. This is a total skin care winner for under $10. If you have dry skin, you definitely should be using a hyaluronic serum to help with skin hydration. I love this inexpensive serum for layering under my moisturizer. It’s inexpensive and feels great on your skin. Love it!
A quick note on buying at Trader Joe’s. You’ll note that there are no links in this post to the products that I mentioned. Trader Joe’s does NOT have an e-commerce website. You can sometimes find TJ’s stuff on amazon, but typically you’ll pay much higher prices so I’ve chosen not to link to those available products! The TJ’s website does have recipes and some product highlights, as well as a link to their “Fearless Flyer” which is the sales flyer featuring current/seasonal products so it is worth checking out!