It’s been a crazy, but fun, few weeks around here. Lane has been jaunting around Europe on an amazing anniversary trip (Happy Anniversary, L&J!) and I’ve been blending work with a fun little get away of my own (more on that later). In the midst of it all, life has been busy, busy, busy and these are the fun little things that are making it better and keeping me sane. It’s a fun Friday Five for 10.19.18 and I hope you’ll read along and share some of the things that you’ve been loving lately, too!
(PS: I’m loving all the carbs this week. Wanna make some easy, super awesome donuts? Try these.)
01. New Cookbooks. Ooooh, do I LOVE cookbooks. Both Lane and I read them like novels (#truth) and there are so many exciting new ones coming out this fall. I was recently gifted this one and this one by my amazing mama and I’m loving them. There are so many things I can’t wait to make. I’ve also got my eye on this one !
02. Great Soundtracks. My husband surprised me with tickets to Hamilton for my birthday last month and the soundtrack has been on repeat ever since. While the whole thing is amazing, I particularly love this song! And…We snuck away for a day date last week and caught the remake of A Star Is Born and now I’ve got so many of those tracks in my head. My favorites are here and here. I am so in awe of how talented Lady Gaga is (and I love her without all the crazy makeup!). Also, Bradley Cooper can actually sing! Who knew?!?
03. Drugstore Skincare Winners. I am not a huge makeup girl but I do love good skincare products. I don’t always love the price, however. I have found a few products that won’t break the bank and actually work. My newest fave is this amazing toner. It has been a game changer to combat the dry, flaky skin that pops up this time of year. Love it. I’m also a long time fan of this cleanser. Simple, effective, and inexpensive. I keep one at my sink and one in the shower.
04. Slow Cooker Meals FTW. As we’ve adjusted to our new routine of school/daycare and work, I’ve definitely had to rely on freezer meals and slow cooker dishes for dinner more and more. I made this BBQ pulled pork over the weekend and it was awesome. I served it as traditional barbecue sandwiches (piled with coleslaw and pickles, of course!) but it would be great over cauli-rice or in lettuce wraps, too. I’m hoping to try this recipe for Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Couscous sometime this week. I love that it uses a whole chicken!
05. This List of Movies. Keeping this list around for those days when you just need to lie in bed and watch a movie. It includes so many of my old favorites! Genius. Maybe it will help with my frequent Netflix indecision. Anyone else spend 30 minutes looking for a movie, only to give up and scroll twitter or Insta? No? Just me?
Well friends, that’s it for this week’s Friday Five. Here’s to a great weekend, filled with your favorite things!