A month has passed since my last Quarantine Distractions post and while parts of the world are opening up again, we are largely still in the midst of social distancing and I don’t know about you, but I am definitely continuing to search for the little bits of light that brighten up these days at home. Here are my Quarantine Distractions: Volume 2.
01. New Recipes to Try. While I’m still pretty sick of cooking some days (and all of the dishes!), I am still working on trying at least 1 or 2 new recipes each week. The recipes have come from cookbooks new and old, food magazines, and of course, from my favorite food blogs. What’s on my list for the next week or two?:
Skillet Roasted Salmon with Avocado, Pomegranate, and Bulgur
Instant Pot Egg Casserole Bites
Shaved Asparagus Salad
Caramel Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
02. More Books to Read. With distance learning, my busy three year old, and working, my free time at home has been more limited than I would like. I’m still trying to sneak in as much reading time as I can and since my last update, have finished a few gems and added many more to my TBR. I particularly enjoyed Saint X and The Stationery Shop. (Side note: if you are looking for a great list of summer reads, I always love the Summer Reading Guide from Modern Mrs. Darcy)
03. Thought Provoking (or just plain entertaining!) Reads/Listens. Sometimes I can’t stomach watching the actual news, but I do enjoy keeping up with the world through interesting articles and links. Here are some I’ve enjoyed recently:
What Life is Like In Previously Tourist Heavy Cities Amidst The Coronavirus Outbreak
90’s Rom-Coms You Need to Revisit Now
A Dad Sharing Practical Knowledge on YouTube
04. Podcasts and Walks. I’ve been taking full advantage of our recently warmed up weather to get out and walk. I love the sun, a fresh breeze, and the bright colors of late spring. Here are some recent podcast favorites:
J. Screwed (NPR)
A Crate Full of Summer Reads (What Should I Read Next)
Tips to Organize Your Photos with Miss Freddy (10 Things to Tell You)
Lori Gottlieb: Does My Pain Count? (Everything Happens with Kate Bowler)
05. Miscellaneous Goodness. Just a few things I’ve stumbled across that were too good not to share!
Spotify Daily Wellness Playlist
How To Host Your Family’s Own Personal Summer Camp (NYT)
Write A Letter To Your Future Self
Need more? Check out Quarantine Distractions: Volume 1 or any of our Good Food Reads posts right here on the blog!
[SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT WITH TWO SPOONS!]