There is something so cozy and wonderful about fall. All those perfect, crisp days filled with changing leaves and sunshine are the stuff of instagram dreams, right? Well, admittedly today is a bit of a bummer weather wise (it’s cool and rainy here in Minnesota), but the forecast is looking up and I’m diving into my fall favorites for this week’s Good Food Reads: Fall Friday Five. Come along!
01. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I fell in love with this book years ago and thought the movie on Netflix was absolutely charming. Well worth a lazy day viewing.
02. Fall Door Decor. Loving these modern wreaths from Etsy. I always struggle to find seasonal items that have a modern bent at a reasonable price. This one is definitely more classic but it’s beautiful and (apparently!) scented!
03. Simple But Pretty Serving Platters. Taking a cue from Ina Garten, I love to keep things simple at dinner parties and serve things on simple white or cream platters. I’ve been looking for a few new, smaller ones to add to my collection and I’m thinking these beauties will be perfect.
04. A Freezer Meal Hack. Admittedly, this has little to do with fall per se, but thanks to Pinch of Yum’s great freezer meals (find them here), I learned that these pyrex storage containers work perfectly for prepping meals for the instant pot! I’ve ordered a few and am excited to cut down on my plastic freezer bag usage.
05. Fall Apple Soap. I love to switch up my hand soaps each season and this fall, I’m really into this Apple Cider version from Mrs. Meyers. It’s inexpensive and not too overpowering. Total win!