Whew! It’s been a busy one around here and I am so glad that it’s Friday (despite the fact that I’m working all weekend – sigh). Before I dive into this week’s Friday five, I wanted to share that we did a fun Facebook interview with the amazing Dr. Hammerstedt of Wholist Health on Wednesday! We had a blast sharing a little bit of our story and some tips for healthy eating and cooking – including these healthy Veggie Quinoa Cakes. Find the link to the interview on Facebook and be sure to check out Wholist. Now, onto our Friday Five…
This week’s Friday Five is a quick little collection of fun things I’m loving, reading, making, and listening to this week. I hope you find some new favorites! We’d love to hear all about your Friday Five Favorites…
01. Ina Garten. You guys. Lane gave me an amazing birthday gift and got us tickets to see Ina Garten on her book tour here in Minneapolis last night and it was AMAZING. I had no idea what to expect for the event and we had so much fun. Ina was smart, wickedly funny, and sweet. She spoke for about 90 minutes and honestly, it felt like it was about 15. I loved hearing her stories about meeting Jeffrey, buying her store in the Hamptons, and how she really cooks and throws dinner parties at home. She is currently promoting her new cookbook, Cook Like A Pro, which looks totally amazing. At her recommendation, I’m going to try the Red Wine Braised Short Ribs and the Fig and Ricotta Cake ASAP.
02. Holiday Cards. One of my absolute favorite things each holiday season is sending and receiving holiday cards. I get so excited to get the mail each afternoon and display all of the cards on ribbons in our entryway throughout the holiday season. I love to see how everyone’s families have changed and grown each year. There is something so great about receiving happy mail!
03. Christmas music. My name is Holly and I am a Christmas music addict. There, I said it. Actually, this is no secret to anyone who knows me. The minute Thanksgiving hits (and let’s be real, often before that), it’s all holiday music, all the time around here. My current favorites are here, here and here. I will also, always and forever, love Kenny & Dolly.
04. New Books. After a little bit of a dry streak this fall, I’m excited about some recent and upcoming reads. I just finished this one (a total guilty pleasure) and I’m working on this long awaited novel. I am also really looking forward to starting my new Book of the Month club pick, A Ladder to the Sky by John Boyne. He wrote my favorite book I’ve read this year (find it here) and I can’t wait to dive into this newest novel. I just renewed my BOTM membership and love getting a great new book each month. It would make a great gift for any readers in your life!
05. Soup, Soup, and More Soup. I’ve basically been living on soup recently. It’s been so cold here and life has been just a little crazy that more often than not, I’ve turned to soup as an easy, make ahead, comfort food. This Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Soup from Gimme Some Oven has been on heavy rotation as well as this Lighter Lasagna Soup, which is one of my favorites!