Hey all! Now that Thanksgiving is over I can go into full on holiday mode. My Christmas Cards are in the mail and the fire will be lit as we put up our Christmas Tree. Holly and I have plans for a cooking day and my kids have made their Christmas Lists. Join me for a few of my own favorites during the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
[SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT WITH TWO SPOONS!]
Lets get started!
1. Bubble Baths. I can’t spend enough time soaking and relaxing during this hectic time. Although it IS the most wonderful time of the year, I find as my stress levels go up, I climb into the bathtub! One of my favorite things is bath products. Holly recently recommended these inexpensive bath salts, which I just ordered from Target. I also love this Kiehl’s Original Musk Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser which I use as a bubble bath. I discovered it during my first trip to NYC and the scent still brings back fabulous memories. I am also dying for the newest batch of L3O soaps to be released. Made by a fellow physician, these soaps are hand made in small batches, using all natural ingredients. I can’t wait until this Winter Jasmine soap is released-I’ll be first on the list!
2. Books. You know me. As always I’ve got a to-read pile three feet high, and according to my GoodReads list I won’t ever run out of books on my to-read list no matter how long my life! I’m currently reading Everything Here is Beautiful (loving it!) and getting ready to get started on Michelle Obama’s new memoir, Becoming. No matter what your politics, I’m pretty sure we can all agree, this is one classy lady. In fact she is on top of the list of celebrities I’d love to meet. I’m also about to dive into The Book of Essie for one of my upcoming book clubs. I’m especially excited, because the author, Meghan MacLean Weir, has agreed to FaceTime with us. I absolutely love hearing about the author’s thoughts and writing process. What are you all reading right now? What is on your to-read list?
3. Comfort Food. Tis the season! I’m a fan of this Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Turkey and Caramelized Onions. Or this BBQ Chicken Macaroni and Cheese. Gather the family and make a batch of this Chipotle and Stout Chili. The holiday season is perfect for reconnecting around the table. And coffee. Coffee is keeping me sane during this crazy holiday season. I prefer my coffee iced (I know, I’m weird that way), so I personally love this Iced Lavender Almond Milk Latte or this Easy Homemade Caramel Coffee Syrup. Even though I generally love my coffee iced, I can’t resist the hot Spicy Mocha made with dark chocolate at Caribou Coffee in Minneapolis. The touch of chipotle chile, ancho chile, and cinnamon make for a fabulous drink. I’ll be trying more great coffee drinks in 2019 and I’ll make sure I share them here! One of my other 2019 goals is mastering sourdough bread, and I’m still looking for a sourdough starter if there is anyone out there who would like to share (tips on how to work with the starter will also be welcome)! I’ll be ready to start working on my sourdough goals starting February 1st, right after I finish the Whole 30. What comfort foods are you planning for the most wonderful time of the year?
4. Whole 30. Speaking of the Whole 30, as we move into December my Whole 30 planning is beginning in earnest. I’ve got a spreadsheet going and I’m starting to plan actual recipes and meal plans. I’ve started a Pinterest Board and bought the latest Whole 30 Slow Cooker Cookbook. This is happening folks. January 1st. My carb addict self is terrified and would welcome any words of wisdom, recipes, tips, tricks or just a high five. Also, if anyone has any restaurant tips, I’d love to think I can continue my lunches through the month of January. Realistic? I don’t know. I’m probably crazy for doing it at all, but I’ve never been one to back away from a challenge.
5. Movies. I’m not going to lie, between working full time, blogging, kids, bookclubs, etc, I RARELY go to the movies. But my kids had a day off of school and I was excited to hang with them for a day. We headed to the movies and had a great time. Go see The Grinch. This version (fully animated) is really cute and will totally get you in the mood for the most wonderful time of the year! Bring a friend, bring a kid, bring a friend’s kid, just go see it!
Looking forward to bringing you lots more Holiday Cheer in the weeks to come. Including our upcoming participation in #ChristmasSweetsWeek, bring together blogger from across the country, delivering all sweets all week with more posts and recipes than usual! Stay tuned and subscribe so you don’t miss a thing!