Some days are tough. Schedules that defy comprehension. Days where you feel like cloning yourself is the only way you’re going to get through. One child is supposed to be at soccer, one is supposed to by at Tae Kwon Do, and both you and your significant other need to be at work. You’re wondering how you are going to be in three places at one time. Days like these call for life hacks (and a village full of carpools!). Days like these call for Slow Cooker Maple Chicken Chili.
Slow Cooker Maple Chicken Chili is a chili unlike any you’ve had previously. It’s sweet, a little spicy and best served with something salty. It’s a slow cooker chili that can be thrown together in minutes using just a few shortcuts. Then just let it cook all day while you try to conquer your calendar. Easy as that!
Some of the time saving hacks recommended for this Slow Cooker Maple Chicken Chili, include precooked chicken breast, or a rotisserie chicken from the local grocery store. You can buy pre chopped or frozen onions. Peeled garlic cloves are available in the produce department (peeling garlic is one of my least favorite kitchen tasks). The beans and green chiles can be found in cans in the grocery store. Perfect for your busiest days. It turns out even your littles can get this one prepped for the slow cooker!
So on your crazy, busy days, prep this Slow Cooker Maple Chicken Chili, leave it in the slow cooker until you are ready for it, and you will have a great dinner waiting for you!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped (you can use 4 breasts or 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 ounce cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed
- 2 16 ounce cans Maple Baked Beans, do not rinse!
- 7 ounce can green chiles
- 24 ounces chicken broth
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar for garnish
- Corn Chips for garnish
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, corn chips and cilantro.