Hey Friends! It seems overnight, the cold arrived in Minnesota. I celebrated my birthday this past weekend with a string of gorgeous (and hot!) 90 degree days. It felt like summer’s last big hurrah and we soaked it up. Monday afternoon, the storms rolled in and so did the cool weather. While I’ve been looking forward to some crisper fall evenings, I can’t say I’m loving this chilly, damp, rainy business. Since I’m also trying to cultivate a daily gratitude practice, I figured I would make the focus for this week’s Friday Five all about my favorite cozy things.
[SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND WE WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON OUR LINK. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR WORK HERE AT WITH TWO SPOONS!]
01. My Yeti Tumblers. I use them for just about everything – smoothies, water, coffee, and tea. Mine gets filled with coffee in the morning for the walk to the bus stop and filled again with a cup of one of my favorite teas (like this amazing Egyptian Licorice Mint!) in the evening. I have a few of the classic silver ones but I’m hoping to pick up a pretty seafoam one soon! I’ve also been eyeing this pink Yeti mug. How fun!
02. Hamilton. On Repeat. My sweet, amazing husband surprised me and took me to (finally!) see Hamilton this weekend. I was a little afraid it wouldn’t live up to the hype, but it blew me away and I can’t stop listening to the amazing soundtrack. You can stream it for free on Amazon if you are a prime member! It is also making me think I might finally have to read the Hamilton biography.
03. Ugg Dakota Slippers. Without fail, the first thing I do when I come home at night is pop off my shoes and put on these amazingly cozy slippers. I ordered a new pair during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, after wearing my last two pairs completely into the ground. If you have hardwood floors or live anywhere with cold winters, these are for you. They take a tiny bit of breaking in but then they are the best things ever. Trust me.
04. Fun Bath Products. I never used to be someone who enjoyed baths. I think I was always a little too impatient. Then I had children and discovered the joy of twenty uninterrupted minutes with nothing to do but read, relax, and soak. When my daughter was born, a sweet friend brought me a care package that had all sorts of treats for a new mama. She included a few packets of this amazing bath soak. loved it so much that I’m now on my fourth or fifth bottle (thanks, Heidi!). Pop it in your tub and sink into bath heaven. I recommend pairing it with a glass of wine and a good book (I’m currently reading this).
05. All the Comfort Foods. If there is one really great thing about cooler weather, it’s the return of comfort foods! I made a big batch of my favorite chili tonight and plan to whip up some BBQ Chicken Macaroni and Cheese later this weekend. And…since I’m in love with pretty much everything I’ve ever made from The Vanilla Bean Baking book, I can’t wait to try these cinnamon rolls. Go buy her book. You won’t regret it.