This is the frittata of my dreams. Cheesy, packed with flavor and so, so easy, Southwestern Frittata is a keeper.
Last weekend was our cabin blogging weekend. Imagine, two of my besties, a ton of fresh ingredients, wine, a beautiful view and lots of imagination. And with no kids and no husbands to cook for, we had full artistic license! SO MUCH FUN. I’m so excited to share all of the new recipes we created, starting with this Southwestern Frittata!
My cabin, in the land of 10,000 lakes, is the perfect place for creating. With a full view of the frozen lake, it’s hard to hang on to the stress of the week when walking through the door. Whenever I get there, I have all kinds of ideas, coupled with the uninterrupted time to carry them out! The weekend was full of cooking, styling, photography, laughter, wine and chocolate. All of this and we never even got out of our pajamas!
I am a fan of hearty brunches, and have been dying to create a savory Southwestern Frittata. Eggs, cheese, vegetables, and potatoes combine to make the perfect brunch. Tasty served piping hot or at room temperature, this is a great dish to feed a crowd. Don’t have a crowd? The leftovers are amazing the next morning, or for dinner, or for both. This is one recipe you will turn to over and over again.
Kid friendly, adult approved.
And the best part of all? Done in less than 30 minutes. So you can get lost in that great novel. Or have a second cup of coffee and enjoy your peace and quiet. Or best yet, just sleep in….
Cheers to lazy weekend mornings and quick weeknight dinners!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper, diced (approximately 1 red pepper)
- 1 cup green onion, sliced thin (approximately 1 bunch of green onion)
- 4 ounce can green chiles
- 20 ounces shredded hashbrown potatoes, fresh or thawed
- 10 eggs (see note above if not using a 12 inch skillet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- cilantro, chopped for garnish
- salsa, for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet (or other nonstick, oven safe skillet) over medium high heat.
- Add red pepper, green onions, green chiles and hashbrown potatoes to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes or until red pepper is soft.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture in cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the egg mixture.
- Place frittata into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until center set.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes to get a bubbly, browned top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice and garnish with cilantro, salsa and sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
As always, if you make this, take a photo and use hashtag #WithTwoSpoons! We can’t wait to see them!
Do you have a favorite brunch dish or easy weeknight dinner? Let us know in the comments below!